Identification of motorcycle parts
- Identify each motorcycle with a VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Identify the motor block with a unique serial number
- Mark a second, tamper-proof number directly on the chassis (for safety reasons and to conform to insurance company requests)
- 20,000 motorcycles produced per year
- Several types of motorcycles on the same assembly line
- Cost per marking inferior to the previous solution
- Marking: Technifor machines adapted to the customer’s request:
- One Micro-Percussion machine with pneumatic stylus for marking aluminum plates
- One Micro-Percussion machine with electromagnetic stylus for marking the 2nd VIN number directly on all chassis
- 2 Micro-Percussion marking units to identify each motor
- Software: Technifor program connected to all marking units in order to manage the data to be marked
“The computer system we were using was complicated and rigid. The first of Technifor’s objectives was to simplify our identification system.
The solution came in the form of Windows-operated software which allows us to configure many parameters.
For maximum versatility, we also purchased a portable marking machine.”
The personal information collected are processed and intended to be used by Gravotech Marking SAS. According to the law "Computer Information and Liberty" of January 6th, 1978 revised in 2004, you have a right to access and rectification of information that concern you by writing to Gravotech Marking SAS – 466 rue des Mercières ZI Perica 69140 Rilleux La Pape FRANCE. By the way, your address and your personal data could be shared with companies within the Gravotech Group and its distributors. If you disagree, please let us know by post to the address mentioned here above.