The DataMatrix Code
The search for a simple, compact, and error-free code has lead to most industries choosing the datamatrix code (aeronautics, automotive, electronic and semi-conductor, pharmaceutical industry, etc).
Today it is the two-dimensional - 2D - code that is most used for the permanent identification of parts:
As a result, all suppliers and manufacturers are often required to comply with this requirement and must guarantee that their markings meet quality standards (standards ISO/TS 16949, AIAG, ISO 15459, EN1572, NF Z 63-100, AECMA EN9132, SAE AS9132, etc).
The Advantages of DataMatrix Code Marking:
- Unique symbol marked directly on the part and legible using a camera
- Very large storage capacity: a very large number of encoded characters in a very small space
- Reliability: removal of human error, the code can be read using a camera
- Robustness: the redundancy of integrated information - ECC200 - makes the reading of a partially damaged code possible
Laser Dot peen Scribe
Marked by laser, dot peen or scribing, the DataMatrix code offers permanent identification readable using a camera.
Therefore, the safety and reliability of your parts is strengthened at every level:
- Component manufacturing factories
- Assembly plants, constructors
- Spare part maintenance centers
Excellent marking quality is essential to the guarantee of the reading of the DataMatrix identification throughout the life of your parts.
Let us help you pick the best marking equipment for your application today!